12/06/2010

my private view

P1030564
P1030574
P1030585
so last night was my private view at college and I had such a nice evening! I was entered in for some sort of prize by my tutors for people that live roughly in my area of Dover/Folkestone run by some local art dealers, and crazily enough, I won! I'm still a bit unsure what the prize actually is but I know I've won £100 which is craaaazy for me! I've never won anything like that before.

People from my group were asked to set up a stall outside our gallery space to see if we could sell some bits like fanzines/t-shirts/whatever we had so I made a few t-shirts and managed to sell a few of thoseee which was good! The first part of the evening started off with me and my friend wandering back and forth between the stall and the free food/wine about five or six times. And then after that my parents came and I wandered around with them for a while showing them my work, consequently ending with them forcing me to pose in front of my work for embarrassing pictures but I guess that's always the way anyway. I have taken photos of around/other peoples work that was on show but they're with my olympus trip and I need to get them developed so I shall put those up soon!

10 comments:

heleen said...

Wow so many great things happened! Congratulations on winning the prize and selling some t-shirts! And I can't wait to see some more pictures of the show

Sarah said...

you're so cute + these look awesome :)

Anne said...

You look adorable and your work really, really is amazing! I am actually a bit dissapointed I'm such a cat-person.

Marika said...

Is all of this yours?? what a great space!!!


Marika
and check out my new project - Story of my Clothes

Lauren Doughty said...

yess all of it! :) all of the doggy type things! x

chung-chiao tai 戴中巧 said...

Great work!!!all your things,adorable and amazing!

Artpixie said...

Aww I'm so happy for you, your illustrations are amazing!

Lauren Doughty said...

:) thanks everyone!

Unknown said...

your work is amazing so imaginative. what a great collection of thinkings. by the way i live near you i live in Ashford

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

I love all the art that you showed! amazing :)

 

blogger templates