13/02/2012

IMG_0003

ideal

chose to do Comic for my last project of the year! (scary ahh) The main reason I've chosen comic is because I think I struggle to show a strong narrative in my work, and I have a habit of just drawing floating objects on a page rather than a compositional scene where something is actually happening, I guess this is because I've been mainly concentrating on how to actually draw stuff, but I think I've hopefully done enough of that now. The only comics I'm really familiar with are Calvin and Hobbes which I read a lot when I was little, so I pretty much know nothing about them at all, but I like the idea of drawing sequential imagery. i've drawn two very simple and pretty silly comics to get me used to the format, not sure the second one really counts though

1 comment:

amy said...

ahh i've got the same problem with floating guys, i really like the staircase one

 

blogger templates