26/10/2011

postmodernism at the v&a

The V&A have a really good postmodernism exhibition on at the moment, it took me about 3 hours to go around it all, it's huge and packed with lots of interesting examples to look at, and is probably one of the best exhibitions I've been to in a long time. I'd really recommend going to it! It was quite difficult to draw in there as it was so busy and you couldn't really sit down anywhere, but I managed to do a couple of drawings of my favourite things.

IMG_0001
Totem Pole by Ettore Sotssass. I hadn't heard of this designer before but I really like the patterns and colours in his pieces. His pieces of furniture remind me of Kandinsky paintings.
Lamp by Ettore Sottsass

IMG_0005
This is a coffin in the shape of a Mercedes Benz made by Samuel Kane Kwei which would be for wealthy customers. I'd seen a few photos of coffins like this from Ghana, they're a representation of an aspect or activity of that person's life that was most distinct.

They also had some posters made by Japanese graphic designer Tadanori Yokoo, whos work generally seems to be very surreal. I also found a video on youtube of an animation by him which I really like >>>>>>





No comments:

 

blogger templates